Friday, July 29, 2011

No, I didn't have another kid...

Just wanted to take a sec to explain that the child pictured here (and on my Twitter account) is NOT mine!! He's my nephew and I just liked this picture, although I'm not really sure why.

I don't get to see my nephews much and since during this particular visit, we really seemed to bond, I just wanted to re-live it again, at least for a little while. Now, since I'm here, I might as well do a little bit of updating....so here goes.

On the work front, things are great...I think I've finally moved into a position that I can sink my teeth in and grow with. Hubcaps is doing well -- working WAY too many hours right now, but praying that will subside and we can get back into a fairly "normal" routine.

The biggest thing happening in our world right now is that I made a very difficult decision to take my kids out of private school - the only school, friends, teachers they've known - and move them into a Charter School. I'm a little bit nervous about all the growth and learning opportunities (for all of us) that are just around the corner, but each day since making the decision, I just feel like God has been confirming that the right decision was made.

I told them a couple of days ago that I had finally made the final decision and they took it like champs. I know they're nervous about starting over and making new friends, but I can tell they're also getting excited. Yay!!

I'm going through this very reflective period...maybe it's normal when you hit your mid-30s? I guess it's just hitting me that I need to be much more protective of, not only my time, but protective of anything that disturbs my familial peace. I feel like I've finally realized I don't need half the people in my life that are just taking up space and that I need to be much more selective in who and what gets my attention. It's a hard balance, I know...but I've decided that in this area of my life, it's OK to be selfish.

No comments: