Monday, March 24, 2008

my sweet princess k....

Well, it's happening. She's growing up. My baby. She turned three on Thursday and I saw my future, along with hers pass right before my eyes. Pretty soon she'll be a teenager. Then she'll be driving. She'll go off to college. My baby. One day she will leave our home and start a life of her own. She'll get married and have kids of her own. I only pray that I God will allow me to see it all.

She's started to look like me in a lot of ways. Makes it a little bit harder for me, to be quite honest. We don't like to punish or deny ourselves anything, right? How can I punish or deny myself at three? She's such a sweet child, but in a flash, she can be cruel (flashback to Billy Joel "Always a Woman").

It might seem like I'm favoring my girl over my boy. I don't think that's what I'm doing. It's just so different. Little Prince breaks my heart, too. They are my love, my life, my all. So not sure if I'm doing the best job of being a mom that I can. Do I yell too much? Do I give in too much? Am I making them egotistical? Am I making them have low self esteem? Am I too strict? Am I not strict enough? Am I giving them too much junk food? These are the thoughts that, seriously, I believe, keep all moms up at night.

Here's to some sleep for all of us. Goodnight. Sleep tight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! 3 on May 14th...Can I stop the clock???

itsdevin said...

First of all, you are an excellent mom. Second, Kaila is HILARIOUS and her "cruel" snaps are most of the time even pretty funny (coming from the girlfriend of her "boyfriend" who gets the cold shoulder if he's around!). You yell just the right amount (Mommy, mommy, mommy, MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMYYYYYY- I for one couldn't handle it nearly as long as you do!!), you give in when necessary, You're the good kind of strict, the good kind of laid back, and if they are egotistical, its FINE because they truly are two of the most fantastic, hilarious, witty, and GORGEOUS kids on the planet. K? :)
oh and P.s., that party was fuuun!

Cecily R said...

It goes by so fast...but it's a fabulous ride!!

Happy Birthday little one!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday princess K !

May you slow down some so your mom can catch up.