Thursday, March 06, 2008

soccer moms rock.....

Went to see my shrink today. Not the greatest visit to date. I made him laugh. He just made me MAD. Apparently, and, well, you know, it has no reason to lie, but the scale said that I have actually GAINED THREE POUNDS. Yes, that is correct. I've been doing Weight Watchers for almost two months and have GAINED weight. Of course, HE says it's not my medications...nooooooo, couldn't be that. It's that, and I quote, 'you're not making wise food choices." That's when I wanted to take a fork and stab him in the face. But, I digress. Back to my weight.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? 'Cause, really, not diggin' it. It wasn't enough that I not only am hauling around a couple of muffin tops, but it's really turned into a four tier wedding cake around my middle. My pants are too tight, my shirts are too tight. I'm just plain uncomfortable.

I've been sticking (for the most part) to the plan...eating the number of points allotted. Maybe, though, they didn't mean that I could have as many of the cakes and fudge bars each day, maybe I'm supposed to actually eat that green stuff and lean proteins? Maybe. I don't know. I really thought that it meant I could eat like 19 of those delish cakes and would still lose weight. Can't find that answer on the message boards anywhere. So, it's back to the drawing board.

I thought I had found the solution...thought, okay, I'll take that SlimQuick stuff AND do the WW and surely, the weight will come off. Fast forward back to shrink's office where I do not admit I'm taking anything, but simply ask the question, "can I take any supplements to help me lose the weight?" I thought he was going to slap me. Of course, he had to be a kill joy and say no, that it would just speed me up even more and that is NOT what I need. Maybe that's why my heart rate was up to 102, I thought to myself - I shall never admit that little tidbit to him. So, no more pills for me, at least not that kind of pill.

OOOOOOOhhhhhh....the coolest thing happened this week, too! Came home Monday and lo and behold there was a box of the most wonderful cleaning products from Swiffer and Febreeze and Mr. Clean. I had signed up for free cleaning products if I agreed to write a review....so, I should probably do that now, for fear that if I don't, I will most assuredly forget.

So, NOW, they're making these awesome swiffer duster cloths that have the scent of lavender febreeze - so great and they really do make dusting, especially around the little areas (like in the entertainment center) much easier. AND, my favorite of all the items was the multi-purpose cleaner made by Mr. Clean with the scent of lavender febreeze - I immediately had to clean the outsides of all my kitchen cupboards. So, do I recommend? Highly. They even smell good.

As for the title of this blog.....just thought it was appropriate to say that soccer moms do, indeed, ROCK. And, by soccer mom, I mean anyone over the age of 30 who may or may not have children but are starting to get the feeling that they may or may not be acting age appropriately and then discover that other people think of them as "eeeww, soccer mom" - there should honestly be a day that is celebrated with BBQ and fireworks JUST for young, hip moms. If only I were president.

Have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Cecily R said...

We do rock darn it!!

Sorry about your kill joy shrink. Wish I had some magic solution for you on the weight. Things are not progressing for me either like I want them to. Maybe it's the Cheetos and lack of exercise, but I choose to think it's a conspiracy against us both. :)

Anonymous said...

You SO need to get in more veggies and lean protein. Put the cakes down! LOL I have to admit, I don't always count my points...I use the weekends as my "free time" and indulge in whatever I want...and then count during the week and try to get in as many fruits and veggies as I can. And it works for me. Good luck to you!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am such a freak. I *love* veggies.