Thursday, December 29, 2011

takin' a trip...

down memory lane, that is.

I've spent the past two hours reading the past five years of blog posts. Amazing the things you forget. In 2007/2008 (by far, my best 2 years of writing), apparently, my daughter frequently put fruit down her pants. My son peed on the train table. I yelled at a woman in Wal-Mart, calling her a "big dummy"...I ranted about Christmas decorations coming up too early, reconnected with an old friend, and just lived life. I shared some rough times and some things that most people might be embarrassed to talk about...

All of you who have been part of this blog world of mine, mean so much to me. You've given feedback, you've watched as my kids have gotten bigger, you've listened to me as I worked through depression and weight gain. And, now you're here with me now, as I get ready to take on what is likely to be the hardest time of my life.

In reading tonight, I realized just how much I truly love to share...even if it's a mundane story, we can only learn from one another if we share with each other. So, here's to being transparent and open and getting to know one another again in 2012.

Have a Happy New Year.

Peace.

5 comments:

Theda said...

Here's to being transparent and real, it's the best part. The part of you I love the most.

yuhmeal said...

Jumping on this bandwagon now but excited to read your future posts and reading about your fun (& funny) kids even though I'm away. Praying for you, love you!!

Yamile

jay drake said...

Hang in there, April. Prayin that the peace of Christ continues to rule in your heart.

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you're back to writing again! Love to read your blog ;))

Rebecca Crea said...

To this day, the walmart debacle is still my favorite story ever. "You big dummy!" Priceless.