Monday, April 21, 2008

and the search begins...

My kids have been AWFUL today. And I really, really mean AWFUL. Constant hitting, screaming and gnashing of teeth -- and that's just ME. Kidding, of course. But seriously, they seem to be going through this horrible phase of not getting along and it's beginning to send me over the edge. The big problem for me today has been that it's sooooo stinking HOT and since I ripped a contact lens, I have no sunglasses to wear that are prescription so when I'm outside, I'm in physical pain! So, I'm making them stay indoors. I know, NOT a good idea. They need out. They need to go play in the hose, or run around the cul-de-sac. Right now, though, I have each of them laying in separate rooms watching a movie. Little Prince - Ratatouille and Princess K - Polar Express. Maybe, just maybe, someone will get a nap out of this and if I am included, all the better!

On another note, I've started the dreaded job search. Resumes being emailed. Phone calls being made. All with my children SCREAMING in the background. Nothing says "professional" like two kids yelling over gummies in the background, right? Maybe if I can get them to shut up in twenty seconds or less I'll be considered for a management position. One can only hope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I feel your pain. Job hunting has got to be one of the most painful things EVER!! (and I've never done it with two screaming kids in the background. LOL)

Anonymous said...

have a drink- and have one for me too.

SOS project Task Force said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
itsdevin said...

oh just let 'em loose in the backyard with a couple water guns or something. that way, they're outside, you can make sure they're not running off, and they will get all rowdy and entertain your LOVELY neighbors!! ;)
and I think you should get a job as one of those bartenders that dances up on the bar... that would be sweet- sike!!

(and yea, that deleted comment was me signed in under the wrong blogger name-oops!!)

Anonymous said...

hey april..its so nice to see that at cgb someone blogs!!!! we have to get more people into it! luv your posts..will definitely be checking bak for more! xoxo

Cecily R said...

I always feel that way about phone calls and my kids. Whenever my boss calls (I work from home and he calls a lot), I try my best to hide so he doesn't have to hear the shrieks and squeals. They always find me.

Sorry about your bad day. Here's hoping the next few are better and that you ARE considered for that management spot!!

Ro(bert)o Lopez said...

Nice Blog!