Thursday, December 06, 2007

congrats to me!!

I did it! I just received the BEST award EVER! My son told me this evening that I, yes, me, the one who thinks that if you heat it up yourself - voila, it's homemade - well, anyway, he said that I make the best cookies in the whole wide world and I do the best decorations!

Let me begin by saying that the cookies came out of the Pillsbury tube. The only thing homemade was the icing and that was only because I had forgotten to buy a tub at the store. The decorations? Oh, yeah, it consisted of red sugar crystals. That's it. Simple pleasures, huh?

Illness has been running amok at our house so little guy and hubcaps have been home all week! Now on antibiotics as of yesterday. So today we finished the hanging of the lights outside and then after dinner, we hopped in the hubcaps Jeep sans top and drove around the neighborhood looking at all the lights. The absolute best part of the whole evening was while we were driving, we started singing Christmas carols. It was cool outside (by Florida standards), we had the top off with the wind in our hair and were singing at the top of our lungs...all four of us! It was one of those moments. You know the ones. Where you wish you could freeze time and just stay in that moment for just a bit longer than you actually get. One of those moments where all is right with the world. But, alas, as my son says "you get what you get and you don't get upset" - right? You pull in the driveway, walk up the sidewalk, into the house and BANG, reality sets back in. You have to be the mommy and get little ones teeth brushed, hands washed, PJs on, and tucked into bed....and so it goes.

I hope you get one of those moments, too. They don't come along all that frequently, but when you get one, relish it! Good night.

No comments: