Saturday, December 29, 2007

sunny and 80...

I have been so busy the past week or so that I just simply have not had time to sit down and type and I can honestly say that I've missed it tremendously!! It really is therapy for me. I can vent to actual adult humans AND, here's the kicker, no one interrupts me or has a better idea...no, I can just vent and if you choose to continue reading then you do, and if not, c'est la vie, right??
Anyways, we spent the entire day yesterday at the beach! It was 83, sunny, very low humidity and there were actually waves. Hard to imagine that just a few days ago was Christmas... this is one of those fantastic moments when your kids are getting along and all is right with the world. They played so hard, I was shocked that there were no naps on the way home, but I can testify to the fact that there was still sand where you don't want sand today!! Ouch!


Just a few more of the kids on our fun day in the sun...the one of Princess K running makes me think and HUM "chariots of fire" and the others I just think are plain cute.
Now, onto other topics...I've had a deal pending since the end of August on a BIG house...got a call from another homeowner in the same neighborhood that the people who are "renting" the home currently - are scam artists...I pulled all their court records and they seem to move twice a year - that's how often they're evicted!!! How is it that it is not illegal to repeatedly enter into agreements with people and then never deliver your end of the deal?? How is it that these people, who are obviously, abusing the system can continue to do so time and time again?!?! I just don't understand how the judges in our court system don't see these people (a couple of the judges have had them in their courtrooms on more than one occasion) and intervene? And the beauty of it all is that as squatters, they have more rights than the homeowner! So, this is how I will be starting my 2008 - at the police station, so that my seller can gain access to his house! It is really unbelievable!! But then again, it is not illegal to steal someone's identity either. One of my best friends has LITERALLY had her identity stolen on THREE occasions! Found out the thief ordered stereo equipment, where it was being delivered and what time and the police refused to go set up a sting to catch the person. UGH!!!
For those of you who don't live here in the lovely state of Florida, you may not be aware that we have the highest rates of fraud and identity theft and scam artists than in anywhere else in the country....and guess what part of Florida they like to live in? Yep, you've got it....South Florida.
Yes, the weather is great. But at this point, really, I don't know if that's enough of a reason to stay here. If I had my way, we would be moving next week. I love my friends here. I love my church. BUT, I'm not sure this is where I want my kids growing up. But it's hard, hard to just pick up and move...for those of you who know me personally, we're not moving, we're not looking, don't worry...this is just me wishing. PLUS, I just found out that a friend of mine is moving to Michigan. Really bummed about it. It's not like we hung out, but I definitely felt a kindred spirit in this person and really care for their family. I'm happy for them, I know they'll have a much better quality of life and their kids will be happier, but the selfish side of me is going to hate to see them go.
Anywhoo, hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the beach photos! I remember spending Christmas at the beach in CA when I was a kid. What fun memories for your children!

As for scam artists, that stinks, especially for your friend. I am a fanatic when it comes to that stuff!

Have a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet beach photos! I especially love the one where boht kids are running into the waves together!

Anonymous said...

There will be absolutely no moving of any kind! love you guys way too much! Happy new year, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love the beach pics ! esp. since we just had a cold slushy snow storm.
Happy new Year !