Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Al Roker says....

Hallelujah! Can you hear the Hallelujah Chorus? I'm singing it at the top of my lungs! Not that I think I'm Al Roker, but tonight the temperature is supposed to drop to a brisk (hehehe) 69 degrees!! I'm thinking about sleeping outside. Although, I don't think I'd like waking up covered in bug bites, which would definitely happen.

My brother, who lives in Ohio, has decided that next year, he wants to come down to Florida for Halloween. He thinks it'd be fun for the kids to go trick or treating together. I don't think he quite understands exactly how hot it truly is. Although, I think he's just afraid of taking two kids out in freezing temps, and rightfully so! I, on the other hand, am thinking that taking the kids to the air conditioned mall (although not as festive) is a grand idea!

Just kidding. Could never do it. We must be outside. Even if it is in the sweltering heat. I shouldn't be complaining though. Our church actually does a really cool thing called Trunk or Treat. Last year there were about a thousand kids that showed up for candy. People decorate the trunks of their cars and park so that the kids just go from car to car. None of the cars are allowed to be decorated scary or "evil" so it's great for the wee little ones. Any of you in South Florida, check it out at www.cbglades.com

On the home front, hubby is complaining that I never spend time with him. Mostly because after the kids go to bed, I am either on the computer, reading or doing a Sudoku....he got kind-of offended when I told him that I just need thirty minutes to myself...BY MYSELF. I need time to decompress. By the time that has happened, though, he's long asleep. So, I guess I can understand the frustration.

Do any of you have any ideas?? Well, I guess for starters, get off the computer and go spend some time, right? OK, I'm on my way! Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember getting together the 'perfect' costume and then getting sooo upset i had to wear a jacket over it because it was so cold outside when trick or treating. I so understand the decompress need. Maybe spend the 20 or 30 mins after the kids go to bed with him... then when he nods off... it's your time.