Tuesday, October 23, 2007

and the heat Jerry, the heat!

I can't handle the heat anymore.

It was 89 degrees today. Where else in the country can you go to a pumpkin patch and water park at the same time??? It's just not natural. This is the hardest time of year for me. I so miss autumn leaves falling, the smell of wood burning fireplaces, the electricity that you feel in the air on Friday nights before high school football games. Where it's just starting to be cool and crisp. The air feels so clean.

Not here. Weather report is the same for the next seven days. 89 and chance of thunder storms. I know, I know, at least I won't have snow in the middle of February - and that's reassuring, BUT, also know that because it stays so warm here that in about a month, we enter "season".

Eighty-five percent of the population of Canada's elderly people migrate down to South Florida from the end of November till the middle of April. There's more traffic. Waits are longer at restaurants. And forget about driving on I-95. Traffic jams are the norm.

So, today I'm missing FALL and wanting and wishing and hoping to move to a milder climate. Even if it's just to Georgia or South Carolina. I want my kids to not sweat to death or die of heat stroke next year when we go trick-or-treating. And quite honestly, I could do without a lit palm tree for awhile. Going to the beach on Christmas Day just seems sort of sacreligious to me.

By the way, I hope you got the title of this post and know what it's from!

Have a great day - and hoping your fall is all you could want it to be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what your title is from :). Anyways, I feel you on the not so fall feeling, we are heading out to Disney, and I checked the weather to only be dissapointed by the 85 degrees and chance of Tstorms! Luckily, Kimo will be at training in Georgia this whole "season" so I should get some nice cool weather when I go to visit!

itsdevin said...

don't you never leave me.

Anonymous said...

** Sending you mental pics of colorful maple leaves , apple cider , and wearing a big bulky sweater **