Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Halloween!!

Can I just say how excited I am that today is finally here! It's 1202AM and I am so excited for this evening to come, I just can't stand it. We're not doing anything special, just trick or treating, but both of my kids are excited this year!! My little girl is going as Alice in Wonderland and my son aka Buzz Lightyear, is going, after a change of heart, as Mr. Incredible.

When the princess wakes up today, we're going to wash her hair and roll in sponge curlers. Then we are going to have a tea party. We've already planned it all. Oh, and we mustn't forget the manicures. Girls are so much fun, aren't they?

We carved our pumpkins this evening (or last night, rather) and they look fantastic. Every year I promise myself that the next Halloween I'm going to throw a fabulous party, and never do. So, I'm going to say it again. Next year, I'm throwing a party. A FABULOUS party.

On another note, I read a blog the other day that was really good; although now I can't remember the name, of course. Anyways, this woman was talking about how much time blogging sucks out of our lives. So true! I'll be telling stories and say "I should blog about that!" or, instead of telling someone a story, say "read my blog, it's there"....what is that all about?

For me, this blogging deal is simply cathartic. I find it relaxing. I find it rejuvenating. It's cheap therapy. I used to do retail therapy, but can't afford it anymore, so this is what I do now. I absolutely LOVE getting comments, especially from random strangers, but I feel like in the process of it all, there is a sense of "frienship" or at least "community" that we don't get in "real" life. Too many ""? Have you seen that blog? It is hillarious - all about the inappropriate times when people/businesses use "quotation marks".

Well, off to fold some more laundry before I head to dream land, will write again soon. Peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween !

~**Dawn**~ said...

I blog because I enjoy the outlet of writing. I don't think it takes up any more time than writing in a journal & I like that it captures my life at any given moment. Going back through my archives can be a real trip down memory lane, as much as any photo album. And as for "real life" connections? I met two people as a result of blogging that are actual real life best friends now. =)

Anonymous said...

My girl went as Alice in Wonderland too! Hope you all had a great Halloween.

And that post you saw I think it was at:

http://milkbreathandmargaritas.blogspot.com/

I saw it too. Blogging has taken a lot of my time and I can easily get sucked away but it's also saved my sanity in many ways.

Unknown said...

So here's a comment from a complete stranger. :) Doing a fly-by from Blogher Ads. I was composing a blog post in the shower this morning, though I didn't post it today. I'm finding it to be very therapeutic. I was never very good at keeping a journal, but knowing I have readers and can get feedback really helps.

Thanks for entertaining me today!

Amy said...

Hello! I'm the poster of the lament about the time-suck that is blogging. But it is cheap therapy and I've "met" so many great people! It's super hard to give up, that I can tell already!