Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My new habit (and not the black and white kind)

Okay, so Labor Day was officially THIRTY-SIX days ago. I am proud to announce that I have yet to lose control of the clutter, the messiness, the laundry, the dishes, the grocery shopping! Right now, there are toys on the floor and my kids are having a fabulous time playing with my daughter's rubberbands and using them as car launchers in the kitchen, so if you walked in right now, you might think it's messy - but I would beg to differ. It's an "organized chaos". When they are finished playing, it will take all of twenty seconds to clean it up.
My laundry is caught up (still), my floors are mopped, my shower doors are SPOTLESS, the toilets are cleaned.....such an amazing feeling!!! I'm starting to wonder though, why am I putting so much energy into this endeavor?
I'll tell you why.
Because I truly feel more at peace and more in control of my house than I have in ten years! I know where everything is. I know how long it takes to clean the house from top to bottom! It really is an amazing thing. So, for all of you folks who have known me since adolescence, you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Happy Cleaning!

No comments: